ACCELERATED UNDERWRITING LIFE INSURANCE
Many companies are adopting a streamlined process of approving applications for life insurance known as “accelerated underwriting.” This new process is the future of life insurance underwriting as it continues to evolve and improve. Accelerated underwriting life insurance or quick issue term can reduce the approval of a life insurance policy from 4-8 weeks down to a couple of weeks and, in some cases, a couple of days. On average the time for insurance companies to reach a final decision has been reduced by two-thirds.
Insurance company underwriters use data that is currently available instead of ordering medical records and medical exams. In some cases, during the telephone interview, you receive approval. Term life insurance is uniquely able to be issued using this quick issue process.
Accelerated underwriting life insurance speeds up the process is by avoiding some of the time-consuming steps in the approval process. By not ordering the attending physician statement and medical records, the whole process of getting coverage happens much more quickly. Insurance companies spend 30 days and, in some cases, months, obtaining these records needed to decide whether to issue a policy.
Accelerated underwriting has made the process of purchasing life insurance faster and more straightforward. Many of the best-known life insurance companies are offering the accelerated underwriting program. More companies are coming on board all the time. On average it takes 9 days to reach a decision as opposed to 27 days for traditional underwriting.
Can You Answer Yes to One or More of These Questions
- Are you are between the ages of 18-60?
- You do not want to take a medical exam?
- Do you need coverage in a hurry?
- Are you interested in term life insurance with a higher death benefit?
- Do you want a quick and easy application process?
- You do not want to have a “face-to-face” meeting with an insurance agent?
- Are you looking for a benefit amount of $100,000 to $500,000?…or $1,000,000?
- You do not have any restricted health conditions? (check below for a list of potential medical issues)
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a company that uses accelerated underwriting is an excellent choice for you.
How Accelerated Underwriting Life Insurance Works
The great thing is that accelerated underwriting doesn’t cost you anything extra or raise your premiums. You still get the same affordable rates with a faster approval process. There are no trade-offs on time, cost, or quality when choosing a company that uses this innovative, new accelerated process.
Accelerated underwriting uses real-time data to provide instant approvals on up to 50% of applicants who qualify based on age, personal history, and face amount requirements.
We know which companies to use for the quickest approval results for your life insurance needs. If for some reason, you do not qualify, you do not have to start over again. The company underwriting the policy will move your application to the standard approval process and continue the underwriting process.
If you are a busy person and like results that are quick and easy, the accelerated underwriting process can be completed over the phone and signed either by voice signature or electronically through email. After you determine how much insurance you need, a quick issue term makes the process super easy and efficient.
After the initial telephone interview with a trained specialist these answers, along with a motor vehicle report, and prescription checks, will give them a full picture of your risk. If the medical interview and various database checks meet the carrier’s specifications for easy issue term, you can skip the medical exam.
If not, the company will order a round of lab tests to get a closer look at your health and possibly order an attending statement from your physician(s). Check out “How to Prepare for a Medical Exam,” if the company ends up requiring exams. If you follow the information, you will qualify for the best possible rate.
Accelerated Underwriting Means Faster Approval Times
With accelerated underwriting, it is possible to get an instant decision and a policy issued in a matter of a few days. If you fail to qualify for an initial approval through the accelerated underwriting, you will still be eligible for the best class through exam and labs underwriting. Approval of your policy will take longer as your application moves through normal underwriting to approval. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by using this new innovative underwriting process.
Automated Checks Run During Telephone Interview
- Identity verification
- Medical Information Bureau (MIB)
- Motor Vehicle Reposts (MVR)
- Prescription history check
- FCRA consumer database check
The Underwriting Background Checklist
These qualifications vary by company but will give you a good idea if you would qualify for accelerated underwriting LIFE INSURANCE.
What Companies Look For:
- CURRENT HEALTH
- HEALTH AND FAMILY HISTORY
- INSURANCE HISTORY
- PERSONAL AND LIFESTYLE HISTORY
- MAJOR MEDICAL CONDITION
Ages and Death Benefit Amounts (varies by company)
Sample Height and Weight Restrictions for Accelerated Underwriting Life Insurance Programs (varies by company)
Current Health Height and weight within the recommended limits. (Check with your experienced independent agent) No major medical condition(s). See the list below.
Health and Family History
No natural parent or sibling death before the age of 60 from coronary artery disease or cancer, including breast, colon, lung, melanoma, ovarian, or prostate.
A decline would be likely if you had any application for life, health, or disability insurance rated, declined or postponed in the past two years.
Personal and Lifestyle History for Accelerated Underwriting Life Insurance
- Us citizen with no travel abroad to hazardous locations
- Not receiving a pension or payment because of injury, sickness or disability
- No bankruptcy in the last ten years
- No DUI’s or reckless driving within five years, or more than two moving violations in the past three years
- Not charged with, awaiting a trial for, or convicted of a felony (criminal history)
- Have not engaged in any of the following activities in the past two years or do not plan to in the next two years: Hang Gliding, Mountain Climbing, Sky Diving, Parachuting, or Private Aviation
- Level of education
- High amounts of debt or delinquent debt
- Low credit scores
While one or two of these circumstances usually do not affect, cumulatively, they may negatively impact risk classification resulting in a higher monthly or annual premium. They may lower an underwriting offer or cause you to be ineligible for the accelerated underwriting process resulting in a more lengthy underwriting process.
Accelerated Underwriting Life Insurance and Major Medical Conditions
The following conditions can make you ineligible for the accelerated underwriting path when applying for term insurance. These conditions do not make you ineligible to receive an application approval if using the full underwriting process.
- Alcohol abuse or treatment Drug abuse
- Disorder of the immune system Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Epilepsy, seizures, paralysis
- Mental or nervous disorder or depression
- Disorder of the muscles including muscular dystrophy, ALS, MS, motor neuron disease or Parkinsons Disease
- Bipolar Disorder, Suicidal thoughts
- Anorexia/Bulimia Weight Loss Surgery such as Gastric Bypass or Sleeve or Lap Band Surgery Coronary artery disease.
- carotid disease, heart attack, stroke, heart or other circulatory system surgery Atrial Fibrillation Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD/Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)) Stroke/Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Hypertension (diagnosed within the past year)
- Melanoma Cancer or malignant tumor including lymphoma or leukemia (exceptions: Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinomas)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD/Emphysema)
- Sleep Apnea
- Barretts Esophagus
- Hepatitis, Crohn’s Disease, intestinal bleeding, chronic diarrhea or Ulcerative Colitis (UC) or other disorder of the liver
- Diabetes/Gestational Diabetes or hyperthyroid or other endocrine disorder
- Kidney disease or any disorder of the kidney
Factors That Require Additional Underwriting
- Face amounts above $1,000,000 for ages 18-60
- Height and weight are outside of the allowable weight limits
- History of bankruptcy in the last two years
- DUI or reckless driving charges in the previous two years
- Prior felony conviction
- High-risk activities or hobbies like private aviation or skydiving
- Chronic pulmonary disease
- Kidney disease
- Bipolar disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Heart disease
- Parkinsons disease
Many well-known companies offer accelerated underwriting programs
No Need for Face-To-Face Meetings
Changes in technology have brought about many changes in the life insurance industry. One difference is the elimination of face-to-face meetings with an insurance agent. This meeting is no longer necessary. Although some companies still require that the agent and client meet face-to-face. However, many insurance companies have eliminated the requirement. Today companies have incorporated e-signature via the internet as well as using voice signature through the use of the phone, a more advanced and faster approach.
Use An Independent Agency Rather Than a Captive Agent
A captive agent must offer you products from the company that has contracted them to solicit insurance. A captive agent limits your choices of finding the best company at the best price, with the quickest turn around time. Also, be aware of many of the larger agencies that continuously advertise on the radio, which in reality only represents a handful of companies.
The key to finding the best life insurance quotes is to use an agency that represents multiple carriers. Strahan Financial Services works with the top best life insurance companies. Many of these companies use the accelerated underwriting process. Let us put our expertise to work for you.
Why use Strahan Financial Services
We work with a team of highly talented individuals committed to providing you with unmatched professional service with over 250 years of combined experience.
- We are professional
- We are knowledgeable
- We use the latest advanced technology
- We subscribe to unbiased term life quotes and comparisons with the Term4Sale website
- We are customer-service driven
- We will earn your business
- We want to deliver beyond your expectations
- We want a genuine “Thank you!” at the end of the process.